Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Yeast Infection on penis..(Help..Dr. Danny)
View Single Post
Old 7th April 2005, 08:46 AM
mascguyseeker
Cruiser

Yeast Infection on penis..(Help..Dr. Danny)

Hoping I can get some advice from anyone who has had or knew someone who has had a yeast infection. I never knew a male could be infected with one. Anyhow, I have had a red rash on the head of my penis for a couple of months. Went to my doctor and he tested me for herpes, syphilis, hiv, hepatitis and even gonorrhea.
all tests came back negative.

Anyhow, not getting a definate answer on what it was I called a STD clinic and they couldn't see me for a few more weeks, so the woman I spoke to said it sounds like a yeast infection. She told me to get "micatin" and apply it for a "good 3-4 weeks" twice a day. So I went out and bought it. used it for a couple of weeks and the skin where i applied the micatin started to flake off, is this common?

After using the ointment for a good 2 1/2 weeks, Iwent to a walk in medical clinic and the doctor who saw me was VERY unprofessional and wouldn't even touch my penis to examine it. He simply gave me a prescription for Diflucan. Took one pill that day and another 6 days later (that was 2 weeks ago)

Still have the redish rash , though the flaking has stopped and the rash does seem to be going away, but is still noticeable and I am still using the micatin. My appointment with the STD clinic is for next week. I am still freaking out that it might be something else.

Sorry this is a long read, but have read some very helpful posts on this board and thought this might also help someone else in the future. I have been trying to read as much as possible about male yeast infections, and read somewhere that you should also try putting a few drops of white vinegar with the micatin to help. does this work?

any help is greatly appreciated!
Quote |