Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Yeast Infection on penis..(Help..Dr. Danny)
View Single Post
Old 7th April 2005, 10:35 AM
cutguy
Cruiser

The clinic could get the pants sued off for the advice without seeing you, but don't tell them I said so. And I have several posts buried in the archives on this, however:

Yes, men can get penile yeast infections. They are more common in uncircumcised guys as opposed to cut guys. Recurrent yeast infex usually alert me to diabetes.

From your description, this case sounds like the common, run of the mill yeast infection. It usually is red, somewhat scaly, it may itch or burn a bit. When you are used to normal, smooth penile skin, suddenly this is rough, irregular, and flaking away, it clearly is not normal.

Micatin (for athletes foot) works, but I think the best stuff over the counter is Lotrimin, esecially the gyne lotrimen creme women use for vaginal infections.
(Lamisil doesn't work for candida/yeast, so avoid that stuff) Also, of diflucan for a week isn't going to do anything for a skin infection (although 1D for vaginal yeast is usually fine)

Wash your friend with warm water and gentle (not Ivory) soap, dry off. Cover the entire sore area and a little beyond with some creme and rub it in. Remember, you are treating a skin infection, not icing a wedding cake, so go easy, more creme is not better. You should clear within 1-2 weeks. Monistat also works really well too, but it burns like hell. Trust me, I have caught hell from a number of women before I learned my lesson.

Not that I'm trying to pry, but if you could e-mail me a jpeg picture of the offending lesion, I may be able to provide you with some more advise. Either way, please keep me posted.

An no jacking off until you heal. You don't want it to fall off!

Dr Danny
(No I'm not scruffy)
Quote |