Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - fighting lewd conduct charge
View Single Post
Old 6th June 2005, 11:40 AM
flip161
Cruiser

What I can tell you is the police are definitley prosecuting these cases in LA Court. I was called on jury duty for such a case for someone who was arrested in Elysian Park like yourself. I could have tried to get on that jury and forced an acquittal or mistrial, but I told the truth to the judge and said I could not be objective on such a case where the law is inequitabley administered. I told him that I had heard of too many cases of entrapment or misrepresentations by peace officers in these types of cases and that I could not be objective. I was excused.
I can also tell you that it doesn't matter whether you were mirandized or not. I was stopped by WH Sheriff's dept, not mirandized, questioned and since there were no lewd issues involved, booked and charged with "prowling". A variation on trespassing when they have nothing else to charge you with. Ultimately the charge was dropped (in BH court) after I agreed not to pursue the police for false arrest. If I had not agreed, they would have prosecuted my case.
What the others have said is important. Get a good lawyer with experience in winning these types of cases and good luck to you.
Quote |