Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - fighting lewd conduct charge
View Single Post
Old 7th July 2005, 05:43 AM
SamAdams
Cruiser

dcfan, I've re-read all the replies and no one here has suggested you fight to the end. As I said in my first reply, the advise you get is worth what you pay for it. Free advise is worthless.

That said, lawyers are just like doctors. If you don't like one's advise, find another or at least get a second opinion. Trust me, you will eventually find one who tells you what you want to hear. May not be accurate, but he will take your money. (Remember people going ot Mexico to have their blood heated to cure AIDS?)

So far, I have resisted telling you what I would do. I'm just afraid there are some details you may have left out. If what you say is completly true, I'd fight it, but maybe not to the end ( favorite line: a man's got to know his limitations). Is there a Lambda chapter there? Have you talked to them?

Flip said the DA is prosecuting these cases and he/she just may not be in the mood to bargin. If that is the case, you are SOL for a bargin. Take your chances with a trial, but the DA may ask for jail time, instead of a fine, if you lose. Doesn't mean the Judge will go along with it, but it is a danger.

You are caught between the proverbial rock and a hard spot. Best of luck.
Quote |