Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Bali Hotels, Bars and Cruising
View Single Post
Old 18th July 2005, 05:27 AM
midwestbttmboy32
Cruiser

Re: Gay Bali websites

Quote:
Originally posted by wowpow

I was planning to return to Bali this June after 12 years. Something came up and so it has been postphoned. I thought a trip Bangkok - KL - Bali - Singapore - Bangkok would be nice and not too expensive on budget airlines. Please let us know how you get on. My memories are of a very lovely place with delightful people. Kuta was a bit crass in those days full of drunken breeders but the rest quite lovely and cheap as chips.

[/url] [/b]
I would say that Bali is similar to your memories but Seminyak is a nice alternative to Kuta. The one nice thing about Kuta is that salespeople are not allowed on the beach, since they are SO abundant I'm sure it just was constant for tourists. They are desperately poor, so often you'll arrive at a tourist area (anyone been to the volcanic lakes in the middle of Bali?) and your tour bus will be swarmed by dozens of salespeople who WON'T give up. We ended up just getting back into the van and going back to the beach. So sad.
That said, Seminyak is much more international (read: fewer Aussies) than Kuta, but is still really fun for us homos.
Have a great time!