Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - ATLANTA is DEAD.....moving into DARK ages
View Single Post
Old 24th July 2005, 05:19 AM
gwm4gbm
Cruiser

You folks are funny

How did this topic go from Atlanta being dead to GWB and Iraq? Lordhammercyjesus I don't get it. I am not for or agains GWB, nor do I think the city leaders of Atl are anything other than trying to do what they can in a very crazy economy and a very real global economy shift. Yeah, I truly think Bush is a very real idiot, but not one person here can do anything about it, so..... CAN WE FREAKING MOVE ON AND JUST WAIT OUT THE TERM? I am so sick of people blaming him for everyfuckinlittle bitch and gripe they got. I didn't vote for him but for the love of everything holy GET THE FUCK OVER IT OR GO AWAY. It's annoying as hell. It's as if you bitched and complained about the weather--what can you do about it?

Now, on to the TOPIC. Why is Atlanta dead for sex? Hmm....it's not for me, and it really never went away--it simply changed. It's called gentrification. A lot of young folks look at it differently than us older folk do. Honestly--who cares that the T-rooms and toilets are not cruisey? The thought of sex in a public toilet never really tickled me, and it must not do that for a lot of others, as it's down all over. the country. The religious right didn't kill it. YOU DID. You did when you didn't care who walked in, or thought anybody in there was fair game and stroked your dick for anybody in there. NEWSFLASH: Straight folk are offended by that. Net result: Police crackdowns. Thanks.

So the sex clubs closed. Did they? You think Flex is buying the city leaders? HA! They follow the rules. They don't flaunt them, they follow them. Their facility is up to all safety codes, and it's irrelevant if a club is a "private" club or not, it's still subject to building safety codes.

I have represented some of the owners of the clubs that shut down. I still represent a few in other cities. I can tell you that in Atlanta, it's common for them to run the place like an ATM for their drug habits. Getting sloppy will get you killed, or destroy your business. Running a club like this is a low cost, low overhead easy avenue to make money (cold hard cash, if you know what I mean), so long as it's run as a business and not as a Meth Habit Machine, or as a personal kingdom for the owners insatiable appetite for sex. I know at least two clubs that went out of buisiness becuase they went backrupt and did so with *a full, cash paying crowd* every night. Think how that could be possible.

Don't blame Shirley, or the CEO of Dekalb county, or the Scarecrow or the guy next door who never opens his shades, or the cop on the street. These owners are at fault, plain and simple for the clubs, and morons like us are responsible for the public areas getting more attention.