Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Again, America gets it right, Europe gets it wrong
View Single Post
Old 6th August 2005, 12:10 PM
tevaboi
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally posted by ScruffyCub
Where, exactly, did anyone here advocate NOT using condoms?

No one said that circ is an alternative to safer sexual practices.
Maybe nobody said it here, but this is the thinking in Africa.

I just stopped by a university medical library to pull the latest scientific papers about circumcision and AIDS in Africa. These papers are very clear that they are investigating circumcision as an alternative to using condoms for two reasons -- 1.) People don't like to use them and will "slipup"; but of more importance, 2.) The Catholic and Christian missionaries are blocking the distribution of condoms in Africa.

The primary purpose of these studies is NOT to find out if the foreskin transmits HIV better than other skin surfaces. Although, this is an interesting medical research question.

BTW, cutguy, I don't know if I found the exact paper your newspaper article clipping is referring to, but the latest papers (published in last several months) have cautions in their discussion/conclusion section about the accuracy of their circumcision data. I am not sure why it such a big deal for research doctors to ask the subjects to drop their pants and measure their foreskin (or lack thereof) with scientific rigor. (excuse the pun) But this important variable is not being measured very well.
Quote |