Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Again, America gets it right, Europe gets it wrong
View Single Post
Old 19th August 2005, 10:04 AM
cutguy
Cruiser

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."

"I voted for the war before I voted against it"

What was liberalism, I am afraid, is now called Republicanism or Libertarianism. It is a concept the Democratic party abandoned sometime around Jimmy Carter. The aberation that is referred to as "liberalism" today is moribund, and probably has not chance whatsoever of coming back in my lifetime. (Thank God!). You don't win elections and the hearts and minds of people by losing elections, and going out of your way to lose elections!

Having someone else do your thinking for you, or expecting your neighbor to financially support your victimization is fine, if that's what you want. Just include me out. I moved from NY to the South for a reason. The good citizens of Mass. and NY stay there for a reason.

As for the insult of restricting healthcare to the well heeled, are you talking about National Health in Great Britain or Medicare in Canada? I'm afraid that I for one do not believe in restricting medical care through rationing. Forces too many foreigners to come to the US for medical care. (Don't believe me? Go into any municipal hospital in New York City, Miami, Detroit, Buffalo. I don't make this stuff up. I'm not that good!)

And yes, if cutting off healthy tissue saves a few more lives from the ravages of HIV, I say sharpen the scalpels boys, Medicaid don't pay for clean ones.
Quote |