Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - BKK Hotels
Thread: BKK Hotels
View Single Post
Old 18th September 2005, 03:00 AM
aloy
Cruiser

My boyfriend and I also love the sofitel.
While we don't care much for the silom area it is still such a nice hotel. The service is really great. They really make you feel cared about.
Last year we arrived on a really early flight and were in the hotel at about 7 am. Of course our room was not ready. They served us tea in the lobby and since non of the regular rooms was ready after 10 minutes they decided to give us a club room for our entire stay. However the only difference is a higher floor and a personal stereo system. So it's not worth to pay more for a club room.
They did have some rooms that felt a little 'worn' for a five star hotel but it was not difficult to request a 'nice' room.
However when we were in bkk in june it seemed that they had renovated the rooms. At least ours was perfect. They also switched from the room cards with holes to the magnetic ones. The safes are the new ones now where you can swipe your credit card or enter a pin.

It's only the only hotel in bkk where i can leave the aircon on at night without getting a cold.

We have never brought anybody back to the hotel but there seems to be no problem whatsoever. There are many gay guys with there new found friends at breakfast. I would probably make sure to reserve the room for 2 guests so you don't have to buy breakfast for you friend. The room rate is the same.

The breakfast buffet is nice but can easily be topped by the marriot on the other side of the river. Another really great hotel if you want you stay in bangkok to feel more like a vacation and don't mind the 20 min. boat ride from the end of the skytrain.

In the past few years however the sofitel prices have gone up quite a bit. This year in june we paid 2900 baht/night.

Any hints from the locals on where to get better rates?
I know 2900 is not very expensive compared to european rates but still if anybody knows a cheaper agent in bkk that would be great.
Quote |