Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Old, fat and ugly
View Single Post
Old 14th October 2005, 09:49 AM
Taoboxer
Muscled Grandaddy

Send a message via ICQ to Taoboxer Send a message via MSN to Taoboxer Send a message via Yahoo to Taoboxer
I agree 100% with PGSP

Dear Marcan,
PGSP said it all beautifully. I have all my hair but I weighed 210 lbs when I hit 40. And I am only 5'10" tall, so you can imagine how I looked when I saw a photograph of myself from that birthday.

I made up my mind that I would neither go to my grave looking like a mee-ku-pong-chooi nor chase after guys while resembling a Chinese festival loaf soaked in water too long (literal meaning of the Hokkien simile). So I started hitting the gym in my spare time...and was lucky and wise enough to realize that it would have to be a lifetime commitment.

I started watching what I ate, too, and began weight training with very light weights - just two teeny weenies (I have an old back injury) and slowly worked my way up to heavier stuff. It took three years before I resembled a man more than I did a mee-ku because I have trouble putting on muscle with such slow weight increments but it is worth it because I do not suffer from bad muscle pain and did not lose either interest or commitment to my make-over programme.

I still have a tendency to put on fat when I stop watching what I eat or stop going to the gym when I am travelling on writing assignments, but all that hard work has been worth it. If only this many guys had been interested in me when I was their age...*sigh*

As for balding men, all I can say is that if ever I found myself losing my hair, I'd do what PGSP did, too. A combover looks terrible...sort of like a dead weasel on your head. If you act as if you believe you're beautiful when bald, everyone will believe it, too. Walking around with a bald head is as much a fashion statement nowadays, anyway...look at some of the American actors who have chosen to sport the look. Nobody would think twice if you were bald, as long as you didn't act like it was a shameful thing...that's what they pick up subconsciously. Same thing about being fat or overweight or larger than average (whatever you choose to call it).

I recently adopted a very short short crewcut style and all my friends (both genders and all orientations) say that it makes me look more...*ahem*...macho. I wouldn't know about that but I do know that I liked it when I first saw it and have no regrets about not flaunting flowing, wind-ruffled tresses any more.

I also stopped dying my hair. The large amount of silver amidst the black suits my self-image as an older hottie better...heheh...besides, there are two patches of hair at my temples which cannot retain any kind of dye. After a few days, black coloring turns blue, dark brown becomes carroty and chestnut makes me look as if I sat too close to a menstruating camel and got hit with the resulting effluvium.

Let me also confess something here...like most Chinese, I am not well-endowed by nature, but I have never allowed that fact to make myself feel ashamed or acted like I had anything to be shy of. I flaunt what I have for what it's worth...probably because what Mother Nature denied me in inches, she made up for with energy and stamina...and I'm approaching 50 with full confidence that I am going to be good enough to pose as a naughty grandaddy poster model when I do hit the big Five-Oh...hawhawhaw!!!

Tao