Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Japan /Tokyo
Thread: Japan /Tokyo
View Single Post
Old 21st October 2005, 11:56 PM
Gaijin

I agree with billinbkk that budget and Tokyo do not go together.

However, I also disagree. There are many places for a westerner to go. Unfortunately, I am not a Tokyo expert as I had lived in Fukuoka in the south and usually visited Osaka more often.

Billinbkk is correct, in part, many places do close the door on non-Japanese.

I was lucky to be able to drop in on some traditionally J-only establishments by name dropping my friend's name who was a bar owner in Fukuoka. Connections and introductions are even important in the cruising community in Japan.

That said, let me try to help Brief.

The main gay area is Shinjuku 2-chome.

Arty Farty is probably the best place to start. Rather mixed on types, but generally on the younger side (under 40). Further down the street are two more bars.....the names escape me at present....they are nearly across from each other. One is definitely a gaisen (J-guys who like westerners) cruising bar. The other is a dance club. Lots of guys from Arty Farty and the the aforementioned bar end up there dancing. You could always ask the staff at Arty Farty more information about the other bars. They are usually pretty good at directly people to "their type". Bars in Japan are highly specialized acording to the type of guys you like.

Brief-san, You did mention being mature. These places may not be your style. But unfortunately that is all I know about Tokyo.

It is so sad that the Japan Board, which I moderate, is not as active as this one.

Gaijin
Quote |