Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Police, CFS and other websites
View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2005, 10:55 PM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Dumb Behaviour...

I see GT's point of view.

I have been around a lot and have seen a few things, but I simply cannot recall ever seeing guys going at it in the full view of the public. Which admittedly, does not go on to say that dumb dudes do not do it. Yet, I would qualify these rather as exceptions. Wouldn't you?

Most cruising in public parks, etc., takes place pretty late, at the time when you do not expect kids roaming around and getting the unseeming sights of m2m sex...

The real problem here is:

Quote:
Law enforcement's view on this behavior is that if people are using the area for sexual encounters, they could be using the area for other things such as drug dealing and, like Worm pointed out, prostitution. Law enforcement looks at public sex as a gateway offense. If this kind of behavior is allowed to happen, it attracts criminal behavior that is much more nefarious. So to keep other crimes in check, public sex has to be kept in check.
In reality, there is no necessary connection between 'sexual encounters' in public parks and other more nefarious crimes, such as drug dealing and/or prostitution. Sometimes, they go together, sometimes they do not. Yet, societies are based, among many other things, on their almost sovereign right to impose the moral views of the majority upon the societies as whole. And admittedly, conservative societies tend to criminalize sex and everything that goes with it, unless it is limited to the confines of one's bedroom.

I believe that GT truthfully presented the view of the law enforcement and their usual policies. I also believe that these are based upon largely false premises and are representative of an outlived ideology which is still mostly clinging on to life in rural areas of the country.

KD
Quote |