Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Sofitel
Thread: Sofitel
View Single Post
Old 19th February 2006, 08:03 AM
midwestbttmboy32
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally posted by Carnarvon
About your experiences, I would add that maybe your guests did not want to offend you by saying anything negative about the place you were staying (this would be very un-Thai to criticise your host’s choice).

Good point, but I've also brought back good friends who are Thai--and they are honest with me. I'm always the one talking about how rude it seems to me, but I can say for a fact that only some think negatively about this.
To many, they DON'T mind being asked--as long as the asking is polite and professional. And that's what it always is at the Tarntawan.
As you say, though, it is up to you. I for one would not let their door policy stop me from staying there. Especially considering, when at big hotels like Hyatt or Sheraton, with no specific policy but with plenty of 30-year-old security guys in the lobby with walkie-talkies and blue suits and an earpiece, you always look around to see if anyone's watching you bring in your new friend, and you're hoping nobody asks anything, right?? You could suddenly be stopped in the lobby, since none of them have told you that you CAN bring someone--it's just that nobody said you can't.
At the Tarntawan, the policy is explicit--you CAN bring in unregistered guests, as long as they register. So you don't have to wonder at all, can relax, and bring back whoever you want.