Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Sofitel
Thread: Sofitel
View Single Post
Old 19th February 2006, 08:36 AM
Carnarvon
Cruiser

midwestbttmboy32, quite agree with you on the whole, except on the last point: their policy (holding ID’s back, not merely registering) puts me off but I fully understand it does not bother you.

This complements Axiom’s original comment that their policy was “great”.

I am as uncomfortable as you are with other hotel’s policy and the “risk” of having a problem. Quite stressing.

I feel this problem does not exist at the Sofitel (nor at the Conrad) as long as your gust and yourself behave properly.

A few years back, the Banyan Tree had what I would call the best policy, which was indeed great :
- ask for guest’s ID when arriving late, but not retain it (good for everyone’s security)
- if same guest again and again, then they would take his details on a form and no ask for ID any more (kind of registering him).
I do not know what their policy is today, coz I have not been there for quite some time. BTW, does someone know their current policy?

The Tarntawan could do something similar :
- put a sign “only registered guests passed this point
- if a non-registered guest would want to go up stairs, ask for his ID, take note of the details and give the ID back.
- But they have decided to do as they do now, which I must really say again fits perfectly the constant flow of prostitutes in this place.
Quote |