Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - medical question
View Single Post
Old 7th March 2006, 01:43 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Dude...

Look, I'm not doc, but I do know there are about eighteen gazillion things that can happen to skin -- the vast majority of which are NOT related to any STD.

Perhaps, in fact, the most predominant ailments afflicting mankind have to do with the skin. It is, after all, quite a large surface area and susceptible to tons of random and varied nasties. What's the first problem we encounter after birth in most cases? Diaper rash. And just take a peek at any senior citizen out there -- odds are, their skin is FAR from perfect. From birth to death and all those years in between -- your skin is BOUND to have SOMETHING happen to it in a localized area. REPEATEDLY, in fact.

I'm telling you this so you RELAX. There is no need to be a nervous wreck and lose sleep over it. Again -- NOT a doctor here, but... I just have a feeling this is NOT serious enough to warrant such a high level of stress.

Eh... fungus maybe. I'm a big fan of telling people they have fungus. Not sure why, it's just fun! No, seriously... fungal infections RETURN just as you described: clear up, come back. Sometimes they do NOT clear up, but just get worse.

(Shingles doesn't really present itself on the lower body -- I wouldn't give that much thought, albeit you describe tingling sensations which are often indicative of shingles, but... dude... "tingling" is seriously VAGUE -- it just AIN'T shingles.)

Look... wait on your doctor appointment. Meanwhile, use common sense at-home measures to care for your skin. Keep it dry. Keep it clean. Try some topical OTC products for itch -- cortisone works well.

And... hey, you know... DO keep in mind that STRESS exacerbates existing skin conditions -- worry about it all the time, it MIGHT get worse.

Chill... skin ailments are common, common, common. A skin rash or lesion does NOT always mean you have an underlying disease process going on.

Go have a beer, you'll feel better.
Quote |