Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Guys in the valley
View Single Post
Old 13th March 2006, 03:43 PM
blowbudla
Cruiser

CFS died with a remake 2 yrs ago

If it weren't so sad I'd be laughing my ass off. This site was awesome for years. Then 2 years ago they redid it with tons of pop up ads which were annoying at best, caused crashes due to system overload at worst. Thats been fixed as near as I can tell.
It however drove guys away.

The other change that made it less user friendly was how the personal ads are run. Used to be series of drop down's organized by state or area if really big and everything was there in a row. None of this haveing to do "searches" and "advanced searches"

Their chat isn't user friendly either since you have to go into another site entirely.

We have a lot of dummies who still post questions on where they cruise for outdoor sex. I use it as a guide as to where NOT to go as the local police look at those messages as a guide for setting up stings. Guys, as much fun as sex outdoors is, it is illegal to do so in public places. I ain't claiming I haven't done it, its I've seen enough busts done over the years to avoid places posted her as being really active. Not worth an arrest.

End result a place where I met many nice guys, some now I call friends with "benefits" so it wasn't all that bad.

The competition got really intense. Since the naming of them would be erased, suffice it to say they have real time chat with huge rooms that making meeting new pals or simply hooking up a lot easier. Craiglist...there's a joke and summed up nicely on why it won't work.

I abandoned this site entirely for over a year (new pc, better firewall and popup blockers make it easier to come in) and was so totally shocked to see how little it is used now. I still check in mostly for laughs.

There's also some interesting comments regarding agism here. ITs existed in this community no matter where you go for years. But that's a whole nother issue and a side bar at best to describe what happened here.