Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Nose Irritation From Poppers
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2006, 04:47 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

Agreed: using your mouth to inhale them will help, but... generally speaking, you get a better rush when you use your nose AND your mouth, hence the problem. However, when I've had the same issue with nose burns, I WILL use my mouth ONLY for a few days and this seems to do the trick.

Better yet, avoid poppers entirely for a while if you can, but I know this is not what you want to hear.

Oddly, Jungle Juice is the ONE brand that does NOT burn my nose until they get very, very, very old -- month or longer. Almost all other brands fuck with my skin -- and stink in general, too. If I HAVE to buy an off-brand, I will ONLY use it for a couple days, then ditch it.

There are several types of JJ, too. I use the original, the large size bottle, the same kind you can purchase from retailers linked to CFS. Use this kind if you are using a different one.

Avoid any poppers that list isopropyl as a binding agent. This shit burns horribly.

If you can manage it, and are in private places when you are having sex, see if you can keep a moist cloth nearby to wipe off your nose. Or at least a dry one. This isn't always practical, but if you can... go for it.

In a previous post on this topic from many months ago, some guys said they had success with the Vaseline such as you described. I personally disagreed with that, having tried it myself. The Vaseline seemed to TRAP popper residue and actually made it worse for me. So I guess it will be a case by case basis. Try it if you want, but... I didn't like that solution.

However, applying a thin layer of any sort of moisturizing cream after the fact will help healing. Just be SURE that your nose is clean and there is no residue from the poppers before you use the cream.

Two weeks healing time seems very long. Any health issues? Usually poppers burns heal for me in a day or two, max. But... if you keep using poppers while trying to heal, obviously this will lengthen the time it takes.

Good luck, dude.
Quote |