Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Dr Danny, you still here?
View Single Post
Old 29th June 2006, 10:41 AM
cutguy
Cruiser

Yeah, I'm still around, but this board has gotten so dull in recent months, I don't spend too much time lurking. In fact, I just found a couple of PMs from months ago... Sorry about that boys.

Sam, sorry, but the answer is yes. Most, but not all NSUs are chlamydial, they can lurk in your throat/eyes (bad news), rectum, etc. Chlamydia can produce what we call a "viral" sore throat, because when strep doesn't check out, we assume it's a virus. And it can stick around, asymptomatically.

Here is the really bad part. While culturing the critter is possible, it really isn't practical, nor is it very accurate. In otherwords, you can be infected and not test positive,and you walk away with a false sense of security.

The incubation period is about 3-4 weeks, about the time you said you had your close encounter.

You need to speak to your doctor, and get treated. I don't even want to go into the politics of talking to your wife about what is happening; I've had to deal with that situation one time too many, and believe me, it ain't fun. Worse still, where there is one STD, frequently there are others, so you need a number of tests, syphilis, HIV, general inspection for warts.

Sorry it isn't the info you want to hear, but that's reality.

Keep me posted, and guys, my e-mail address is in my profile if you need to speak to me privately.

Danny
Quote |