Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Boards slowly withering away here?
View Single Post
Old 30th July 2006, 03:08 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

This is typical in the summer months at CFS. It will start to pick up again when the weather turns cooler.

Right now, most guys are out actually cruising.

I have noticed that in states/regions where there is abundant cruising, very few guys post. For example, West Virginia rarely gets new posts. My hypothesis is that the because the state is PACKED with bookstores and the men are out every night of the week getting REAL action, they don't care to bother with trying to hunt something down online. Same for the Central/Western NY boards -- plenty of cruising action at the bookstores, why bother with CFS when you can get your dick sucked in ten minutes for a five dollar entry fee?

Of course, these are just the boards I look at personally, since I am familiar with the areas. I like to check out what's going on when I'm not there.

I'm really not one to criticize CFS, but I do wish the Sex Listings were updated with a little more regularity. I realize this isn't an easy task -- I'm sure there are thousands of new comments submitted every month and it must be tough to go through them all and get them online.

And, of course, we get back to the ancient complaint that pertains to ALL cruising and "sex now" sites -- men get frustrated with guys who post and don't respond or are just looking to get off via email conversations or whatever. The more guys bullshit like that, the less interested anyone becomes in trying to hook up with a message board post.

Understandable, and not the fault of CFS or any other site -- it's the assholes who play games, and NOTHING is going to put an end to that.

Thankfully for me, I've been connecting in real time with chat lately, as well as getting in touch with new buddies and refreshing connections with old ones. A bit of luck with actual cruising, too... but much safer to make online connections in my local area than to go out anywhere.

I've got at least half a dozen stories halfway started, but simply haven't had the time to publish them here. Work, sleep, sex, trying to go out and make the most of the summer months... Not a lot of time to sit and write. Even those of us who contribute often get busier in the summer...

Finally... I think you DO have a point. Many localities ARE, in fact, cracking down on cruising. Guys don't want to post locations for fear of having them shut down. Guys are afraid to post, thinking that seeking sex online is somehow going to get them into trouble (it won't, as long as it is adult to adult communication).

Can't tell you how many dudes I run into online who seem all eager at first and then totally chicken-out when it comes down to it. "Are you a cop?" they keep asking. "Is your place safe?" Some have said they are afraid they'll meet a basher and get their ass kicked.

Valid concerns, but some guys are just too paranoid for their own good. A bit of self-preservation and common sense is a great thing, but some take it to the point of panic and never allow themselves the chance to have a good time.
Quote |