Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Boards slowly withering away here?
View Single Post
Old 1st August 2006, 04:12 PM
ScruffyCub
Cruiser

I suppose perhaps I should have been more specific.

I do not believe police place postings in local/state forums looking to entrap adult men who are seeking mutual sex. There is nothing illegal (anymore) about grown men having sex with each other.

But for SURE the police look at the Sex Listings here (and on EVERY site that lists public places where men go to have sex).

We all know outdoor cruising areas are constantly busted, shut down, turned around, closed up.

Many local authorities already KNOW the areas in question. However, because cruising sites are often ephemeral in nature, the cops look for new ones. When one of our favorite spots gets too hot for comfort, we go elsewhere. And the cops want to know about that.

If it wasn't at issue, why would CFS bother to post the disclaimer when entering the site?

Can't tell you how many postings I've noted where guys ask for an email to reveal a cruising local -- they don't want to post it online, and with good reason.

Heck, how many times also have we read RIGHT HERE that we've seen CFS splashed on the local news?

But having paranoid that "they're coming to take me away" just for posting a perfect legal message seeking sex with another man... No, that's not happening at all.

I'd love to believe that the cops have better things to do. But we've seen... what? Oh, the last six years that more and more of our favorite spots are gone, gone, gone...

If we're lucky, a bookstore has popped up to take its place. That's fine with me. Wish I had some here, but there's almost no outdoor cruising and no bookstores that are safe, either.

They leave the bathhouse alone, though.

I need to check it out again, I think.
Quote |