Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Boards slowly withering away here?
View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2006, 06:24 AM
Indy_bi_guy
Cruiser

Scruff, you make some good points and perhaps I too should have been more specific.

When I say they have better things to do, I did indeed mean better things to do than lure consenting men into perfectly legal M2M sexual encounters.

But you are right in that I am sure they do monitor the "places" list to see what is going on in their jurisdiction. But of course, public sex is illegal and whether we like it or not, the general (straight) public, i.e. the voters, want the parks and mall bathrooms cleaned up and "safe" for their children. And while I was known to prowl those places before the introduction of the internet, I also have children. The last thing I wanted, as a parent, was my young kids walking into a restroom or through a park and witnessing two men going at it in the open. So for that reason, it is perfectly legitimate for the cops to monitor this board. And as I have said before, that little disclaimer at the beginning isn't worth the time and effort that was put in writing it. Cops can go anywhere the public can go and you can't put up a sign saying "everyone EXCEPT cops are invited to visit here". I'm not talking about private clubs (such as baths), but anywhere the public is free to come and go. As Sir Robert Peel said, "the police are the citizens and the citizens are the police".

Sometime we are our own worse enemies and bring some of the problems on ourselves.
Quote |