Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Boards slowly withering away here?
View Single Post
Old 21st August 2006, 06:52 PM
Keith
Former Cruisemaster
(Deceased 2012)

I don't think sharing the knowledge with those who wanted it can be blamed for all the changes guys may be experiencing (or at least not as much as some might seem to believe). I've been doing this 10 years and I've watched daily reports coming in of hot sex popping up here and there. I've also read far too many reports of police arresting guys. Neither perpective, the tips for hot sex or the places to avoid, has changed one bit in those 10 years.

What has changed is the Internet itself and the way it alters how we meet. For a generation of guys, the Internet is their normal meeting ground. My partner, a very sexually active and curious younger guy, has never hooked up in a toilet and only recently met a guy in a park. He didn't find it necessary to go to parks or toilets for quick sex like I did when I was his age. On the other hand, get him online and he'll have a mini-orgy planned in 10 minutes.

Sex continues to flourish in public and not-so-public venues all over the world, both on the Internet and in the 'real' world. The cops might snuff out the action for a bit, but it comes back just like the bushes they prune to get rid of park sex will always grow back! To say, as "georgiaboy" does, "Its all over" seems way off the mark.

I realize most of us never want to share responsibility for what happens in the world in which we live, but those of us who cruise do have a burden unique to our sexual pleasure. Society considers what we do wrong and they have laws in place to enforce that view. I strongly disagree with those views, but they prevail in the USA (not so much in Canada any longer, and almost unheard of in most of the remainder of the Western world).

I've not exactly seen long threads here at the message board from guys fed up with how the cops abuse them or how politicians use them as political fodder at election time. The anger seems, oddly enough, to be aimed at sites like this one, rather than at those who actually make the laws and enforce them. When was the last time someone posted a message here about getting together to organize a letter writing campaign to stop police entrapment or to get a meeting arranged with local leaders to demand the repeal of anti-sex laws. We have a forum here for sexual politics and the last posting was in November, 2005!!!

Before we begin to blame this website, maybe we should look at the role we play in what we enjoy and what responsibilities we may have to each other and ourselves to change the way our society views consensual sex acts.
Quote |