Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Alex bar closed
Thread: Alex bar closed
View Single Post
Old 17th October 2006, 08:36 AM
buzzard
Cruiser

gone, baby, gone

Wow, that's sad to hear that Alek closed. Used to be my fave bar many years ago. Met some very nice - and talented - young men there. Of course over the years they also had employees of quesionable ages, but for the most part things there weren't as sordid or outrageous as some would have you believe. That said, the guys there were not usually shy! Back when they first opened as Khun Bar, in either 1994 or 1995, they really had some great guys working there. Then it went downhill and DID have some scary young ones during the Khun Sweet Cigar phase (what an odd name), and moved a third time to yet another spot on the same block. With each move, they seemed to offer a smaller stable of boys and even fewer that danced/did the go-go standup thing. I only two times this year and things were pretty pathetic both times. But their drink prices never increased; 100 baht for over a decade.

I agree with biggles69; I won't even go to Super A anymore. It's another bar that used to be fun and offered a good choice of guys. But it's gotten rancid also. Time to pull the plug on that one, too.

The topic of drink prices came up in conversation with a friend this past weekend. We both agreed that we would be inclined to drink in more Patpong area go-go bars if the drink prices were more reasonable. I'm not a cheapskate, but when the drinks are 200 baht each, or more, I am less likely to pop into in a bar. But, like in Pattaya, if drinks are cheaper, I'll bar hop all night.
Quote |