Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - How is the new airport in Bangkok?
View Single Post
Old 25th October 2006, 07:35 PM
stillthrobbing
Cruiser

Who controls it and how good/bad is it?

Quote:
This fabulous new airport was designed by a German company and still is operated by a German company so don't blam the Thai's for this, when it is out of there control.
The airport was designed by Murphy/Jahn Architects, a Chicago-based firm. It's true that the firm's principal, Helmut Jahn, is of German birth, but he has been based in Chicago since 1966.

The designing architects were hired by the airport's owner, which was then the New Bangkok International Airport company. The current owner and operator is Airports of Thailand PCL (the result of privatizing the Airport Authority of Thailand). The company's entire board of directors resigned on Oct. 24 in the wake of Thailand's recent change of government, but all of them were Thai, as are all of the company's senior management.

How much of the original design was "modified" as the result of management irregularities is a good question, but the management was in Thailand.

I'll be paying a visit to the Land of Smiles next month for the first time in about two years, so I guess I'll soon see how the airport is running.
Quote |