Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - How is the new airport in Bangkok?
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2006, 05:37 AM
fountainhall
Cruiser

I find the signage and the very, very long walk to the departure gates the worst parts of the new airport. The video monitor information in all areas is so small it's virtually impossible to read unless you are up close to the screens. And signage is mostly at chest or head height - absolutely hopeless in any crowded situation. It took me 20 minutes to find the CX lounge - but that's as much CX's fault as the airport's and I told them so in no uncertain terms!

Checking in at 10:00 am last Sunday, the terminal was certainly too warm and the length of time at Immigration longer than I have ever spent at Don Muang. Being charitable, though, that's probably peak departure time in the entire week. Also, both times I have returned to Suvarnabhumi, I have been out of the plane, got my bag and into a taxi faster than ever before. Against that, as others have said, the arrival area after customs is a total disgrace. I completely fail to understand how new airports can make so many relatively stupid mistakes!
Quote |