Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What's happened w/ Steamworks??
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2007, 10:16 AM
versatileiam
Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to versatileiam
A couple comments ...

Someone previously commented that the membership fee came to something like $3.33 a month and that was (I guess) cheap. Yes .. I suppose if you live in the Chicago area and frequently go to SW. But for someone who does not live in the Chicago area and gets up there only occasionally, it can work out that every time (I for one) get up there ... a 6 hr play time can add up to $40 - $60 depending on getting a locker or room. I prefer to get the room with the TV. This is what can get pricey I guess. I'm for the one time membership fee like MansCountry!! I'm not saying MC is better, I'm just using them as a comparison. Evidently, SW is trying to compensate for the thinning crowds with the membership fees.

Smoking Bans are occurring everywhere and in every state ... even in Central IL. I know this is controversial to say the least, but being an avid non-smoker it is such a pleasure coming out of a place and not reeking of smoke!! There will be strong points of view on both sides of this one. Nonetheless, this may be a valid point as to the thinning of crowds at SW or other public places.

I didn't begin this thread to become a "whinning" session as someone commented on, but rather only to elicit opinions that others may have. And I really am glad that there are still others out on CFS with input & advice!! (Even this site has slowed down.) I think SW is a great place and even with the thinning crowds, I still have had fun the last couple times I went.

Thanks to all for your comments!!