Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Bangkok scene, 25 plus years ago
View Single Post
Old 21st July 2007, 11:43 PM
scoops
Cruiser

Bangkok scene, 25 plus years ago

This post is, I admit, a historic picture, rather than current useful cruising information, however it may be of some interest to a few members.

I have cut and paste my very recent post regarding Jupiter and Tawan. I mentioned that Tawan was originally on Suriwongse road. This prompted a comment from Wowpow, so I'll continue some further details.

Yes, Tawan was originally on Suriwonge road. Go back to suriwongse from current location, turn left, walk around 50 metres, turn left and walk down a long thin corridor and up the back stairs, very long very thin bar. Same owner as today. At first he had very young much smaller boys, not high body definition, mostly very narluk types, but not many real ladyboy types. They danced full naked with one hand always over their plumbing. Then owner suddenly changed to older boys, I guess 19 to 25 years age group, mostly very masculine types, perhaps 60% with excellent definition, but no whales or bodybuilder competition types like today, plus about 40% just nice slim bodies.

In those days short change was common, I can remember dozens of times seeing customers insist the waiter or captain wait whilst customer counted the change, discovered it was short, then back to the cashiers desk to get the rest of the change. Most of the time the owner was working as the cashier.

In the old location Tawan had a whole different atmosphere to what it is today.

My first visit to Bangkok was more than 26 years ago. In those days Twilight (now Hotmale) was in a different location, other side of Suriwongse, back towards Patpong, you had to walk up a steep ramp to second floor entrance door, same old gatoey owners who recently sold the new Twilight to the Hotmale owner.

The new Twilight was the only gay bar in that soi for many many years. Now of course this soi is the centre of go go bar action.

In those days Barbiery was very popular, and Barbiery occupied two floors for a while, upper floor also had go go dancing, customers could take their drinks backwards and forwards across either floor. Owner was ruthless and controlled the boys very strongly, and they were frightened of the owner.

Back in the era I'm mentioning many go go bars had rules like; 'No off for 7 days, boy cannot continue work / is automatically dismissed'.

Most go go bars were located in the soi where telephone and Balcony now located. I can recall perhaps 7 or 8 go go bars in that soi. Biggest of all was a place called, if my memory is correct, 'Henry J Morgans'. Very large bar, I think it was located above what is now Balcony. Often 200 or so boys per night, many well under age, also up to perhaps 25 years old. Lots of full nudity, continuous different sex shows, often with 14 years old boys fucking 14 year olds (obviously i'm guessing the ages.) Short time rooms on the premises. I think it was 60 Baht off, and a 'normal' tip was 300Baht, generous tip 400Baht.

Also from memory two go go bars just down Soi Saladaeng, and 2 just down Soi Convent. One at the end of Soi Convent near the Shell Service Station, now it's a dental surgery.

Plus Harry's bar (opposite what is now DJ Station) which operated for many many years as a very active late night freelance bar. Then Harry's became a go go bar for maybe 5 years, then closed.

Also a sauna/massage parlour, upstairs, in the next soi after soi Nana, left side of Sukhumvit going out of the city. For a 40Baht fee customers could select massage boys to dance, usually a 10 minute or so segment.

In Soi 10, sukhumvit, Inter Moustache House was already established, many hot boys, continuous go go dancing, very different management approach compared to today, much more relaxed, no push, many customers, lots of nice memories.

Further down soi 10 around into a tiny soi was 'Gemini something'. Had very very hot young men, many were well know (put poor) Thai sportsmen, had some go go dancing segments. Farang customers not admitted. I entered this bar once with a Thai friend who has since passed away, he was a high profile Gay Magazine publisher. He indicated that he wanted his farang friend to go inside. Closed quite a few years ago.

Then a woman owner tried to restablish the 'famous Thai sportmen' flavor in a place on Sukhumvit near the PTT service staion on corner of Soi Nana. Extremely pushy / rude female staff, venue failed and closed quickly.

Also Stockholm bar which moved several times, at one stage occupied a very large beautiful old Thai house in Soi Suan Phlu. Touts picked up prospective customers on Silom road, drove then to Stockholm. They enticed customers to select two boys to do a private fuck show, which generated further 'business'. Often had 100 boys to select from, all types, many hot boys.

Supan Kwai had perhaps 4 or 5 go go bars, biggest was probably 'K Nude' which started on Phayonyothin, about 150 metres back from Pradiphat Interesection. Upstairs go go lounge, mildly wild west decor, lots of very hot young men, very farang friendly, some very nice memories from here. Just down a close by soi was 'Paradise (something)', specialized in seriously underage go go boys. Closed many years ago.

Then 'Adam' bar just around in Pradiphat, same soi as the old cruising theatre, had go go boys but very slow, one boy at a time. Way down Pradiphat another go go bar called '7 Night', also moved many times, many hot young men but they paniced when farang customers entered.

What is now 'Charming' started many years back, several name/owner changes, at various stages had go go dancing. Across the road just back a little from Pradiphat road was 'Aladdin' bar, had go go and sometimes had sex shows. Thai owner was a nasty item. Several times heard gossip that he often demanded money from the working boys. A couple of times I saw this character slap boys. Staff were all obnoxious gatoey. No hesiation to pad the bill, regular distasteful loud comments from the gatoey about smelly farang etc, etc.

Back down Phayonyothin somewhere near Phaya Thai Hospital 2, another go go bar, 99% Thai customers, really hot boys. This place had established an image as the premier place for rich thai customers / politicians etc. Farang allowed to enter, but mostly ignored by the boys and the management. Thai customers often not happy that farang were present. Very large tips regularly handed out to the working boys, staff etc. This bar has some connection to a similar, less high profile go go lounge way down the soi off Phetchaburi road which is directly opposite the Siam Commercial Bank complex on the corner of Soi Chidlom. This place had continuous slide slows of the working boys, in small bikinis. Slides projected high up on one wall, very large pictures. Many hot boys.

Also many, mostly Thai customer oriented, cocktail lounges all along Phayonyothin road, also many further down Sukhumvit road.

As I said above, this is historic, rather then current crusiing information, but maybe of some interest.
Quote |