Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Bangkok scene, 25 plus years ago
View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2007, 12:08 AM
wowpow
Cruiser

Great stuff scoops. It is fascinating to see how gay bars in Thailand has developed.

I never quite understood why go-go bars became the first gay bars. I have read that it was something to do with the difficulties of getting a liquor license and a dancing license. So the girl bars started go-go dancing and the boys bars followed suit. Does.t ring very likely.

The first gay bar I'm told, was Sea Hag which moved to Phuket and became a popular gay restaurant. Twilight was second and was the main gay bar for a long time and specialized in sleaze. The only other bar in Soi Twilight was Chardonnay.

Did you ever get to Rome Club which was the Studio 54 of Asia in it's day and was gay owned and had a mixed clientele?

Tell us more about the prices please. I guess that the baht was fixed at about 25 to the US$ in those days?

Were there many farangs around? Was there anything in Pattaya or the provinces? What about cruising, toilets, cinemas? Am I asking too much?
Quote |