Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Bangkok scene, 25 plus years ago
View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2007, 07:32 AM
scoops
Cruiser

Sextile, you obviously saw this same era. I have a quick theory, can I please ask for your comment on this:

Back 20 years ago, cost of hotels, drinks, off fees, tips was much less, and very very cheap for most farang. My memory is that the number of farang customers was far less, but many customers were very active. I suspect this was mostly because it was so cheap, therefore many boys got customers.

I offed boys very often, sometimes twice in one night. Financially it was nothing. I recall staying for several days in Homex Inn in Pattaya, and taking 4 or 5 boys to my room every day, for overall very little cost.

(Let alone the child drooling/lusting in the candy shop aspect, well at least for me.)

Today pricing is very much higher all round. I think boys get off much much less than 20 years ago, I theorize this is mainly because of much increased costs: drinks, off fees, hotel short time rooms, expected tips.

(Another but different point, 20 years back, in my experience, it was very rare to off a boy and then discover arrogance, refusal to fulfill promised services, lame excuses 'toothache' / 'have to go in ten minutes to my friends birthday party', etc. This is a second reason why, today, I am very selective, and I ensure there is very detailed, polite, discussion and agreement before leaving the bar.)

(There is of course the other side of the equation, cost of living in Bkk, for Thais is now extremely high and rising, meaning that people need more money to pay their rent, to eat, to survice living in Bkk. )

Would appreciate your thoughts.
Quote |