Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Bangkok scene, 25 plus years ago
View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2007, 12:48 PM
icon513

My memories of the scene don't go back 25 years, but they do go back 20. I remember Adonis, approximately where Sphinx is today. And Green Carnation, in Soi 6, where the boys line up to have their turn French-kissing the early 20's version of me...just because they wanted to!

Tawan was, as said, on Suriwong, upstairs. A very narrow, and not very memorable place. Twilight was my first off ever. The boy was 16, if I recall -- it was much more common to find underage kids in the bars back then. As I was only 20, maybe it wasn't so disgraceful (I would never touch a below-19 these days).

The fuck show at Barbeiry was raw and bare-back, and I remember one time the bottom reaching over to French kiss several members of the audience as he was being pummeled from behind.

As for expense, I think the price of a good time has gone up surprisingly little since then. I remember tipping 500 baht for short time, even back then. Factoring in inflation and exchange rate fluctuations, I think the boys today are relatively less well-compensated than they were back then.

Twilight was the only bar on "Soi Twilight" when I first went there...and it was pretty raunchy (and young). I remember Stockholm when it was on Soi Langsuan -- not Soi Suan Plu (was it also on Suan Plu before that?).

Tulip bar in Soi Saladaeng was still around -- reportedly the first "off" bar in Bangkok, dating back to 1969. Before that, you had only freelancers in places like the Sea Hag on Charoenkrung (or so I'm told).
Quote |