Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Jupiter offing
Thread: Jupiter offing
View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2007, 09:17 AM
buzzard
Cruiser

no fun

I haven't been to Jupiter in over a year, but what Sextile said about the place rings true for so many Bangkok go-go bars nowadays: they just don't have the sense of fun and friendliness that they used to have. Going back to the mid to late 90s, and earlier in this decade, there were several bars that I enjoyed going to on a regular basis, both in the Patpong area and in Saphan Khwai, but I can't think of a single place that I truly enjoy going to anymore. Cute guys are all over Bangkok, but I don't see them working in the bars anymore. Maybe I'm also jaded, but I DO note a definite difference in what I see compared to a decade ago.
These days I find the friendliest places are in Saphan Khwai, but unfortunately none of them (except for BeHigh) offer go-go dancers, and I get bored staring at a row of guys dressed in street clothes whose eyes are glued to a nearby TV set.
As for Jupiter, they priced themselves beyond my threshhold when they went to 250 baht for a drink. I used to go there with a friend that loved the place but even he has stopped going after too many unsatisfactory experiences offing boys from there. As some others have noted, the boys look bored and hardly smile. And frankly they are not nearly as attractive as they looked a few short years ago. It's more than bad hairstyles and too many tattoos. Pot bellies and facial hair? That sounds like a lineup of tuk-tuk drivers. No thank you!
Quote |