Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Bangkok scene, 25 plus years ago
View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2007, 09:36 AM
buzzard
Cruiser

old days

Great post, Scoops! That brings back memories of my own. I've been going to the local bars since 1992; the first few years as a tourist (visiting twice a year) and then as a local since '96.
I used to love Harry's Bar. Very friendly - and attractive - staff, and nice locals that went there. Very fun atmosphere with the music and the shows. I greatly miss that place.
I went to Rome Club a few times with some of the waiters from Harry's. That was back in the early 90s before Rome Club blundered into alienating the gay community and never recovered. It used to be a very fun place.
Yes, the old Super A was very wild. And Lucky S was good for a while, then giving way to the Khun Bar/Sweet Cigar/Alek string of bars. Always cheap drinks and friendly boys in those bars. And most of them did "everything."
In Saphan Khwai I also like K-Nude and Midnight Cowboy (wonderful bar and also sadly missed). Apache was okay but never as good as Cowboy. Across the street on Pradiphat, New Wave had a good short run. The old Adam had some hot numbers (back when they allowed go-go) and Eagle and Stax also had their moments. Aladdin was also good for a few years but you are right about that owner; what a sour-faced cunt. I think all the dancers hated that guy.
When I think about how many great bars there used to be in Bangkok and then think about the lack of good ones nowadays, I get depressed. I'd settle for anything half as good as those old places.
Quote |