Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Bangkok scene, 25 plus years ago
View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:33 PM
sextile
Cruiser

Scoops - Your replies read as though your memories extend farther back in time than mine do and that you were more adventurous than I was.
In general I remember being quite satisfied enough with the boyz who used to hang-around in the 'S'wongse.' hotel so that I didn't go-out at first all that often.
I do realize that for us 'Oldies.' it's all too easy to look-back through the trad.'rose-tinted.' glasses. and to bemoan the customs, morals, prices and so on of today, but - that admission safely out of the way - I do feel that say 20+years ago life was LESS commerical and LESS competitive then: a definitely freer and easier atmosphere in the various a go-go bars and other similar places.
Possibly the only bar in wch. I had one slight problem was 'My way.' - still in its same loc'n. just off Rama IV. rd. - where I was pestered to 'Off.' a boi and faced with no little annoyance when I didn't; but otherwise there seemed to me to be a MORE laid-back and let it all hang-out attitude: 'Sanookie dee!'
Both in the 'S'wongse.' htl. and the 'Dairy Queen.', (now MacDo. in Robinson's at Rama IV.:Si Lom.), it was possible to help young boys with their homework and then in exchange ... !
Several times my TH. boi(s) would accompany me to Don Muang airport on my departure and I'd board with a big bunch of red roses!
The other thing that I remember were the early morning 'smogs.' - quite often I'd get out of bed around 04hrs. to see-off my young friend returning whithersoever and there would be a smog in Si Lom rd. - possibly not quite of the Dickensian and/or Sherlock Holmes density but bad enough.
Sadly, a few months ago I went-through my Address Book and removed all those old addresses of barc, clubs etc. long gone.
The proverbial daze of wine and roses!
'bye..
Quote |