Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Bangkok scene, 25 plus years ago
View Single Post
Old 24th July 2007, 12:57 AM
fountainhall
Cruiser

Quote:
I do realize that for us 'Oldies.' it's all too easy to look-back through the trad.'rose-tinted.' glasses. and to bemoan the customs, morals, prices and so on of today, but - that admission safely out of the way - I do feel that say 20+years ago life was LESS commerical and LESS competitive then: a definitely freer and easier atmosphere in the various a go-go bars and other similar places.
Yes, we do wear rose tinted spectacles - and Thailand was certainly a lot less 'commercial' in 'those days'. The economic boom did not start till near the end of the '80s, salaries and wages throughout the country were pretty small, and there were far fewer outlets for recreation and entertainment than now. Yet most of the boys I met up with seemed genuinely to want to give pleasure. Sure it was a job and a way to earn cash, but it all seemed a lot more fun. And I don't believe that is just 'age' talking!
Quote |