Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Bangkok scene, 25 plus years ago
View Single Post
Old 25th July 2007, 08:45 AM
sloot
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally posted by biggles69
My first 2 bar experiences were definite rip offs. I was completely naive ...about 1990 .....1st visit to BKK on business, staying in Oriental Hotel I asked a taxi to take me to "boy bar" . We went to a back street near Silom Village restaurant...lots of fairy lights outside.....I picked a nice farm boy from Udon, and they charged me BHT 1,200 off fee, (half of which went to the taxi driver waiting outside.)
Might that bar be Galaxy? I too remember being ripped off by Galaxy which had fairy lights in front and was far down Suriwong, (nearly to Silom Village?). I didn't use a tout or taxi, but was just enchanted by the doorman. Once inside, it was a different story. They got aggressive when I disputed the bill. ended up some 2,000 baht poorer for just one drink.

Another place where I suffered the same treatment was an upstairs go-go bar above the Patpong 2 carpark. Can't remember which year it was, must have been early 1990s. I knew instantly I was in deep shit when they locked the door behind me after I entered.

I haven't heard such tales in the last 10 years... so for those who're thinking the past is always better, here is one aspect of the Bangkok gogo bar scene that seems to have changed for the better.
Quote |