Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Jupiter offing
Thread: Jupiter offing
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2007, 03:10 AM
wowpow
Cruiser

My understanding is that the legal age to drink in a bar or restaurant has been 21 years old for many years. A recent proposal to increase this to 25 years old was squashed.

The age at which you can buy liquor in a shop was 18 years and is about to be increased to 20 years old.

With the age for working in a bar, host go-go. as a service worker is 18 years. It is technically illegal to buy a bar boy a drink!! Maybe that's why they order gin and tonic and get Sprite.

I seem to remember X-treme bar being closed after a Police raid when it was found to have a 20 year old - underage - girl in the bar as a customer.

It always seemed to me that if you set and age for responsibility then permission to get married, vote, join the army and die for your country and drink alcohol should all be the same and for most countries is set between 16 and 19 years.
Quote |