Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - WARNING! A New and Virulant Strain ... .
View Single Post
Old 4th February 2008, 03:24 AM
Taoboxer
Muscled Grandaddy

Send a message via ICQ to Taoboxer Send a message via MSN to Taoboxer Send a message via Yahoo to Taoboxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Viking View Post
The latest study actually shows more than 30 percent of MSM in Bangkok tested positive for HIV. These studies are done in saunas and I am not quite sure how representative they are of the actual MSM population in Thailand (or Bangkok).

Nevertheless, it is always wise to assume that all men you have sex with are HIV positive and practise safer sex accordingly. If condoms are always used during anal intercourse, then feel free and do not worry too much.
Is that only in Bangkok? I have two newbie friends who have asked me to bring them to Thailand for a holiday in April and the last thing I want to do is to expose them to this kind of risk. I mean, I can tell them to be careful and I can even provide condoms but I can't do it for them...or be there when they are, so I truly worry about what might happen when they are exposed to the delights of LOS for the very first time in their lives. Perhaps Phuket might be a little bit safer in their case.

I test regularly (every six months - and always negative so far) but I don't know if I can convince my friends to do the same. Over the years, I have noticed something - it isn't a question of anonymity during the testing. It's the fear of finding out that they might actually have it which prevents many men from getting themselves tested.