Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What was public sex like in Los Angeles in the 70's and 80's?
View Single Post
Old 6th February 2008, 11:38 AM
Throatfiller
Cruiser

The 1980s were GREAT for cruising...now everyone is so pent up and supposedly "BI"

I thought it was coincidental and funny that someone felt like I do. I have never really had a forum to say how much fun it was to cruise in the late 70s and through the 1980s. I had several spots in LA that were my favorite, but the best spot far and away was Griffith Park. The closure of the roads in the 1990s--"because of the drought and fear of the fire danger"--killed the action and Griffith is NOTHING like it used to be. If the closure truly had been because of the drought, it would have eventually been reopened, but it was perfectly clear that the park roads were closed because of the cruising...not because of the drought. The park used to be teeming with men, while now there are only a few scattered about. Once all the curbs were painted red and no parking signs erected everywhere, the final nail in the coffin was in place. It was far, far different and I miss those days. Men would go up into the park at all times, but Sunday afternoons were a free-for-all. Men were lying out sunbathing by the side of the road just waiting to get fucked. My favorite spot in the park however was on Zoo Drive....you could go there anytime of the day and night before the fences and dog park were installed, and men were cruising, sucking and fucking right out in the open. Gawd I miss that. Now everyone is so pent up and supposedly bi, too intimidated and fear of being out of their closet to hookup (witness the popular usage of the word discreet (usually misspelled discrete) in hookup ads. What the fuck difference does it make if someone is discreet?! They are going to be. Absolutely stupid.

At any rate, the bars were cruisy then too....Cuffs, Detour, Mother Lode, Spike, Eagle, and my favorite the One bar on Melrose....almost all were cruisy. Now women go to the bars.....killing any potential action.......uggh.

What I miss the most now however is the generall overall feeling of just cruising for the sake of cruising...and getting off....now everyone is pent up, frightened, scared of being thought of as gay, with the mask of being bi....
Quote |