Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Possible closing of gay saunas in Thailand
View Single Post
Old 28th June 2008, 07:56 PM
brief encounter
Cruiser

reason saunas survived the first wave of panic in some western countries was that health officials and politicians recognized them as meeting places where aids education in the form of pamphlets and posters could reach the ignorant or those who did not define themselves as gay.some venues in melbourne australia even have testing for stds etc once a week (no pressure)

at babylon in the 90's posters were in place but now not so visible if at all.the other non-farang saunas i have visited did not even have token displays of safe-sex information,though i haven't been for some time.

what good do the campaigns do in 2008? i do not know but saunas unfortunately will be always be under scrutiny when hysteria breaks out and at least they should appear to be responsible citizens as much as they can.condoms,hygiene and some advice is the starting point still.

our own responsibility is paramount but any chronc cruiser knows human nature takes over without regard to consequences at times.

i know this is old hat...to some.
Quote |