Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Is Thailand safe?
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2008, 05:54 AM
biggles69
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles69 View Post
I now think Samak will go by the end of the week.....meanwhile back here in Jomtien the sun is shining and the boys are as cute as ever.......
Well it took 2 weeks.... but Samak has gone...and it really looks like the PPP is crumbling. A farang friend of mine who lives in BKK (with Thai friends in high places) was quietly told to stock up with food and plan to stay home this week...... so we may see the final act soon ! Anywaythe state of emergency has been cancelled as business is now suffering ... and Thais know they have to be all smiles again for the looming high season. ... and (despite the stats) I still feel safer walking here at night than Kansas in daylight !!

(Bangkok Post)
"The government will lift the state of emergency in Bangkok on Sunday after just 12 days in effect.
The decision was made at a Saturday night meeting between acting prime minister Somchai Wongsawat and Army cief Gen Anupong Paojinda.
They agreed the state of emergency was merely damaging the country, and the political situation was under control.
"
Quote |