Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - NYTimes on "Milk": Best of the Year!
View Single Post
Old 28th November 2008, 12:21 PM
Keith
Former Cruisemaster
(Deceased 2012)

In reading reviews of the movie, I'm learning about two things I never realized:

1. Cleve Jones was a prostitute before getting involved in the activism that would impact so much of the AIDs epidemic. This I was clueless about and actually knew Cleve well enough at one time to be on a first name basis;
2. Dan White was gay? Now maybe it shouldn't be a surprise, but it is. I never heard this theory, at least not expressed in a serious fashion. Gay people often believe, correctly far too many times, that our worst enemies are also deeply closeted and expressing their personal hatred directly at us since we're out and they're not. But Dan White? That is a new theory I don't recall hearing before now. I'd be curious to know what his wife has to say about this theory. Wasn't she named Mary Anne?
Quote |