Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - No flight in or out of Thailand
View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:34 AM
buzzard
Cruiser

disgusted

This is the most disgusted and angry that I have ever felt while living in Thailand, a period over 12 years. And I was a regular twice-a-year visitor for over 4 years prior to moving here. This airport closure has done much more than just inconvenience people. There will also be huge job losses in the tourism sector; not just in Thailand but in neighboring countries (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar) as well. The simple fact that these so-called democratic thugs could waltz in and take over such an important facility virtually unchallenged is also very disturbing. I think it will much more than a couple of years for Thailand to recover from this idiotic episode. I'd wager it takes closer to a decade before we see tourist numbers similar to last year. This is gonna hurt big time.
Quote |