Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Defining Greater Boston
View Single Post
Old 20th December 2008, 04:20 AM
ThirstyBoy
Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ThirstyBoy Send a message via Yahoo to ThirstyBoy
"Greater Boston"

Inside I-95/128 would be a little too restrictive for "Greater" Boston area. It would include Lexington, but exclude Concord, a neighboring town -- and there are at least a dozen such examples. Natick and Framingham are significant suburban communities that lie outside of I-95/128 (they are the core of what is commonly referred to as "Metro-West").

I would suggest that it would include everything inside I-495, with a possible exception of the southern tier of communities that are along the Massachusetts Bay (South of Kingston +/-) -- I495 takes a veer south, and Hwy 44 runs approximately where the completion of the "circular" beltway would be.

That includes all of what would be considered suburban Boston, and not a lot more than that, and is relatively easily defined.

One of the possible problems I forsee with an I-495 definition is that it includes most everything from Rhode Island to New Hampshire, in the eastern quarter of the state -- that a LOT of territory. The risk is that the listings get to be so voluminous that it's hard to sort through them.

P.S. Although I don't live in the Boston area, I traveled it for business for 20-something years, and when I traveled there, I traveled throughout the "Greater Boston Area." I worked in real estate, which required me to get to know the areas, neighborhoods, economic fundamentals, etc. And what I've defined for you, is what I covered as "the Greater Boston Area." It's not a stretch to think of hooking up with a guy in Brockton (between I-95 and I-4950, if you live in Needham (just inside I-95). But that same Brockton guy wouldn't likely hook up with someone from Haverhill, also inside 495, but NW of Boston.