Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Best Places to Cruise For Sex
View Single Post
Old 24th December 2008, 08:04 AM
Keith
Former Cruisemaster
(Deceased 2012)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussuknfuk View Post
Hey the "most comments" doesn't really help very much, since a lot of complaining and whining goes on in the lists. I'd love to see a list of the places that are most popular and happily well-attended. I know that would be an immense undertaking, but it would be great to know it.
Thanks for the feedback! It is a good idea, though not that practical since to do this would require Gabe and I read or at least scan EVERY comment for every listing. There are tens of thousands of listings and comments and only 2 of us. Just about every listing has comments that contradict each other. Sometimes to the point of being ridiculous! I've come to view it this way: read all the comments and learn to read between the lines. For example, try to figure out if a guy didn't get any sex the time he visited. If he didn't, maybe that is coloring the tone of his review. Another guy at that same place during that same time may get some and leave very happy, and his comments might reflect this. I also have learned to be very doubtful of a review as soon as I read what could easily be termed a "gross exaggeration." For example, "the clerks are very mean, the arcade is filthy, and the place smells of shit." Maybe? Maybe not. I'd be more likely to believe the reports if it read, "the clerk was in a sour mood, and the arcade had been really busy that day." Also, if one goes to a club and your ideal of a man is 20 and thin, you might have a very different impression of a place from another guy who wants a husky 45 year-old.

We're actually making some changes in the way we gather sex listings data in 2009 to help make this a more transparent process including making it possible for you to read all the comments posted by a single user so you can see if that person may or may not share your personal desires for men or if that person is always trashing places he writes about. It will be our first major overhaul of the listings since we created them and you can look for these changes to pop-up in the first half of the upcoming year.
Quote |