Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Massage Venues
Thread: Massage Venues
View Single Post
Old 6th July 2009, 07:46 PM
Mii_Kwaam_suk
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoops View Post
I can also share that many venues don't and never will put pictures of their masseurs on their website (e.g. HERO, I know that the owner of HERO has a strong personal policy of respecting the privacy of the working boys..
Gee thanks for sharing.

I agree that putting photos and names of masseurs on the Internet is probably something that many of these boys would rather not happen, especially if they are students in Bangkok working part-time to fund their studies. Their fellow students would likely spend a lot of time on the Internet and there's a good chance they would be "discovered."

But at the same time, claiming the owner of Hero or any other sex-based establishment is sporting a halo over his head due to an abiding concern for his boys' welfare is a bit over the top. He's putting them in a glass cage where anyone can come in and oogle them and pick one out for sex. Of course the guys understand what they're getting into, though how well they understand the health risks is uncertain. Still the owner is lining his pockets by pimping them.

In any case you're just speculating on their motives.
Even if you asked them to their faces why they don't have a website or put photos on one, which I very much doubt you've done, they're bound to make a nice sounding excuse. You can't expect them to say, "I'm too lazy and cheap."

I'm in no position to point fingers since I'm one of those on the other side of the glass oogling, but neither the owner nor I can turn around and pretend to be pillars of virtue driven by concern for the boys' well being.

When most got started they probably didn't even understand the potential value of having a website and now, in the case of Hero, he's got all the business he needs, so he doesn't really need one.

It's a bit like Bush happily sending young guys off to Iraq to be maimed, killed and psychologically damaged and then banning news coverage of their funerals or of their mangled bodies "out of respect for their privacy."

It's all a marketing ploy.
Quote |