Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - A Technical (Legal) Question
View Single Post
Old 20th July 2009, 03:10 PM
Jael
Cruiser

A Technical (Legal) Question

I was searching here to find some specific information today, but have not been able to find it.
In a recent conversation about sexual conduct that might get you arrested, especially about a police officers responsibilities in the area of identifying him/herself as such.

I remember hearing many times that a police officer must truthfully answer the question, "Are you a cop?" - the idea being that you can prevent trouble by 'making sure' that whomever you are with isn't there to bust you.
But I thought I read in some CFS post that that is not true. It seems more logical that police must be given some leeway in pursuing (actual) criminals.

I'm interested in general responses to this question, but since I live in Minnesota - I'd especially like to hear from you if you have specific info about Minnesota.

Thanks,

Jael
Quote |