Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Suck Cinema updates?
View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:58 PM
richsilver
Cruiser

The Full Story

OK guys I’m back in Pattaya and ready with the full story.

On Saturday I took the BTS to Wongwian Yai and checked out the two nearby cinemas:

* “Sextile’s Cinema” (#1 on Sloot’s map in posting #97 and “Active Cinema” on Yannawa’s Google Earth view in posting #105) is called Chalerm Giat (“To Celebrate Honor” ― a most appropriate name for the CFS crowd!). At about 1:30 on Saturday there were perhaps 20 people there, but only a few seemed to be celebrating their honor. It was a mixed crowd with some older and some younger and with light air conditioning. I was approached by one money boy and I saw two lady boys. After about 10 minutes, an employee came around with a flashlight and chased me to a seat ― a real turn off for me! I left.

* The Hawaii Cinema (#2 on Sloot’s map in posting #97 and “Cinema closed Sunday at least” on Yannawa’s Google Earth view in posting #105, including the picture of the marquee). In fact, it is not closed. You have to walk a short way down the small soi to the left of the marquee (it looks like you’re walking into a parking garage). You will see a set of stairs. Walk up to the box office. Pay your 50 baht, then proceed left though the some doors, passed the charming family watching TV and up a set of stairs to the theater. It was quite active Saturday afternoon about 2. Perhaps 30 patrons (and more as the afternoon progressed). It was mostly a younger crowd that showed not very much interest in this older guy, but I did manage to carry on with a few cuties. I was approached by two money boys. There were no lady boys in sight. No air conditioning, but many fans. All and all a pleasant 2 or 3 hours. I will go back on my next trip to the Big City from Pattaya around August 26th or so.

Directions to Hawaii: From the BTS station take Exit #3, then use the left hand stairs down to the street. Walk a very short distance to Krungthonburi 1 and turn right. Walk about 7 minutes on this very busy, minimally shaded, most dangerous soi until you reach Charoen Rat (the first main street you will see), then turn left and walk a half block to the marquee and entrance described above.

To get to the Chalerm Giat you cross over Charoen Rat (instead of turning left) and walk a few minutes to Lat Ya, a very busy divided street. Turn left and walk a half block to the theater (I believe the entrance is just behind the white vehicle in Yannawa’s second photo in posting #108). It is roughly across the street from the large Robinson’s Department Store (Sextile: how about checking out the facilities there sometime?).

Always concerned about the weather, I try to find spots that are close to the Skytrain. The Hawaii is about 10 minutes, the Prince about 10 minutes, the Pahonyotin in Saphan Kwai about 3 minutes, the Laem Tong about 7 minutes (from the MRT) and the Chinatown Rama about 15 minutes (from the MRT). Those are the only ones of which I’m aware.

Questions? Comments?
Quote |