Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What was public sex like in Los Angeles in the 70's and 80's?
View Single Post
Old 6th August 2009, 06:51 PM
sukmoff
Cruiser

I remember Griffith Park, of course. Amazing, because it's a huge park, but almost wherever you went, there were guys cruising. So much sex in so many bushes. After dark was very hot, too. They didn't close the park at sunset, then. Was in the bushes near Ferndell next to the big parking lot one night. Tons of guys fucking and sucking everywhere. Ran face to face w/ my ex! It took a few seconds to focus, in the dark. Funny.

Over-the-top most surreal experience was along the drive now closed. It was towards the top. When parked, you had to hike through this valley-like gully onto this little hill. There were so many guys all over the hill in every bush fucking and sucking, that it became a stop for a Japanese tour bus! I kid you not. It was insane seeing these Japanese tourists with cameras alongside the road taking pictures of the guys in the bushes.

And, who could forget Western Avenue? That's where I finished Homosexuality 101. Scads of adult bookstores, with arcades. Lots and lots of sex. One had a back room of booths. You had to go to the back of the store, and go through a door to get to the booths. No one ever hassled you. Stan's (which is still there, in the same place north of Santa Monica & Western on Western) had the best booths. There were a couple of gloryholes that you could put your head through. That's where I honed my cocksucking skills.
Quote |