Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Psychologists repudiate gay-to-straight therapy
View Single Post
Old 8th August 2009, 11:39 PM
sbstudtop
Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sbstudtop Send a message via Yahoo to sbstudtop

At the risk of being subject to hate mail by other religions/beliefs/viewers, I'll jump into this after I beefed up security on this computer.

I'm ME and Gay. Raised Roman Catholic, Catholic school for many years. As I matured thru my teens I found that girls were not for me. Since the Catholic Church does not embrace homosexuality, I simply stopped attending except for required events like family funerals or weddings. Do I believe in a Higher Power, yes. Will I reach Heaven, Yes! I live a good life and have made many powerful impacts on the people/businesses/governments for the short time that I'm here on this planet.

The Brain is the most powerful computer on this planet and is wired by your genetics. If you prefer girls, boys, or both, it is out of your control. Look back at family history and try to determine who may or might be gay/bi. The DNA sequence is mutated somewhere to pre-disposition you to a preference. I've seen it in my family but unfortunately nobody studies this.

I believe that counseling by any religious sect (or others) will not make a difference in modifying future behaviour. If they do, then it's just a form of brainwashing. Is that ethical?

Will I go to church when needed, sure. Will I go to a church other than Catholic, sure. Just depends upon my need at the time.