Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - advice on hotels in Silom, please
View Single Post
Old 7th November 2009, 10:34 PM
fountainhall
Cruiser

Quote:
Tawana, De Arni, Meridien, Rose, Montein:
I'd appreciate any tips. They all have great websites, but how accurate/false are they?
It really depends on your budget and what you plan to do in the hotels. The Rose was the first hotel I stayed in in Bangkok some 30 years ago, It was a dump then and crawling with cockroaches, but I imagine it must have been renovated a few times since. The Montien used to have a problem with joiners and Tawana had someone at a desk by the lifts to charge you for them. The Tawana always seems a bit of a dump but I expect the rooms both there and the Montien are fine. I also agree with the comments above about Tarntawan.

Le Meridien is in a completely different class - high-end. It's new, less than a year old, and very hip. I love walking in to their lobby, I love the coffee shop's menu (I eat there quite a lot - great pizzas and a great buffet) and I love the funky bar on the floor above which does excellent cocktails. The rooms will be spectacular. I cannot believe there will be a problem with joiners as I have never seen security at the lifts. As long as the boy is not dressed outrageously, you'll be OK. If I could get a good deal there, I'd jump at it. Fabulous hotel!
Quote |